Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Look Inside

Just a quick update before I get back to my heaping piles of homework (school is kicking my butt in the best way possible). Finally got around to scanning in the work I did while I was up at the cottage and thought I'd better toss at least one piece up on this here blog while I had a moment.

The following is the first anatomical animal (of about seven) I've completed:



It's a flightless Galapagos cormorant, carefully dissected and examined by R.W. Brackley after it was given to her by a traveling explorer-friend. She completed a number of similar dissections during her early career as an amateur naturalist, most interested in the contents of each creature's stomach, which sometimes contained extremely unusual objects (in the case of this particular bird, a fully functional pocket watch).

No comments: