Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Wanderings

Today I was rifling through my many (so, so many - I think I have a bit of a problem) browser bookmarks, I found something I'd filed away ages ago, most likely soon after getting this computer (so almost two years back). The something was this thing, an application that lets one pop ordinary digital camera images into a magical little box, then play with a pile of controls to make said photos look like something out of a proper analog polaroid/lomo/toy camera. Needless to say, this little toy thrills me to no end and I have spent the last hour-ish dragging pictures from my photo library and prettifying 'em.

Cases in point:


Tiny Pacific Octopus, photo originally taken at Ucluelet Aquarium in BC.


Tentacles!


Jellyfish floating around inside the Vancouver Aquarium.


Gorgeous daylily from my dad's summer garden.


Whilhelm the merfox on display at my last show.


Watercolour palette.


Rocky Mountains as seen from airplane (on the way back from BC).


A pair of bears menace a poor, encapsulated merfox.

I fear this application may become quite addictive!

No comments: