Sunday, July 18, 2010

Colours Galore!

This has been a colourful weekend - not only did I manage to make it to an absolutely lovely craft fair and a rollerderby match, I also found time to do some painting and purchase fabric with which to make a carnivalesque dress for my show's opening in a few months.



There's a peek at the fabric I have so far - mustard yellow for the main dress, a little gold tulle for the sassy underskirt. I'm aslo planning to have some red piping involved - the dress is either going to be insanely fantastic or just insane. Hopefully the former.

As for the painting, it's been a bit slow (I keep getting distracted by the ridiculousness that is True Blood), but my latest piece makes use of a myriad of exciting colours, as evidenced by my watercolour set:



And the piece on which I'm working? Well it involves auklets and bunting. Here's a snippet of the scene:



Please note her jaunty cap - she made it herself, y'know!

No comments: