Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Collected Progress

As spring begins to give way to the first hints of summertime, changes are afoot in my artistic life as well. Last week I moved the majority of my art supplies over to my new studio, which I share with two other creative ladies (there will be more posted about this space in the near future - for now, we're in embryo-mode, getting the place tidied up and planning a myriad of exciting things).

It'll be interesting to see how this new space effects my production methods - it's certainly nice to get out of my wee apartment, away from my cluttered little desk and into a space with considerably more breathing room. I also now have access to a printing press, which means I've started to plan little printmaking projects to add some variety into my watercolour world.

Here's a glimpse of the studio-in-progress:



I'm also happy to say I've officially finished three pieces (of 20+, of course) for my next major show (February 2012) - here's one of the three!

Please say hello to Margaret X. Arthurson, the wife of Arthur A. Arthurson. She is wearing the regalia of the Very Secret Society for New Marine Taxonomy (VSSNMT) (being a little-known secret society dedicated to re-categorizing the sea), and flanked by the symbols for the VSSNMT proper as well as the bird's foot, which indicates affiliation with (or, in her case, leadership of) The Mollymawk Collective, the women-only offshoot of the VSSNMT.

No comments: